- November 7 through 9, the Anniston Museum starts the shopping season with their Winter Market Weekend, featuring artisans and craftsman with their works for sale.
- The Rabbit Hutch Gift Shop kicks off the holidays with their 33rd Holiday Open House on November 9, from 1-5 P.M. They'll have refreshments, samples, prizes and more, so check out what they have in store.
- November 21, the Oxford Performing Arts Center and TV24 present "Celebrate Christmas," with The Diamonds and other local artists from Northeast Alabama showcasing their talents with holiday favorites. The Show starts at 7:00 P.M.. Call 256-241-3322.
- The Anniston Museum presents the Fa La La La Follies puppet show on November 28. This show is for all ages and is free with Museum Admission.
- Join the City of Jacksonville for their Annual Christmas Parade on December 2nd. The parade route follows Highway 21 North from Pelham Plaza to JSU.
- The City of Oxford hosts their annual Christmas parade on December 4, along Main Street in Oxford. The Parade will begin at 6 P.M.
- C.A.S.T. (Community Actors Studio Theatre) proudly presents Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, December 4-14.
- "FRA-GEE-LAY! That must be Italian!" The CharActors of Gadsden present A Christmas Story, December 5th through the 14th.
- The City of Weaver hosts their Annual Christmas Parade and Christmas in the Park on December 6th in Elwell Park, beginning at 10:30 A.M.
- The Alabama Ballet performs the annual Nutcracker, presented by the Knox Concert Series and Wells Fargo Bank on December 7 at the Anniston Performing Arts Center beginning at 2 P.M.
- The Annual Anniston Christmas Parade is scheduled for December 8 on Downtown Anniston's Noble Street.
- The Oxford Performing Arts Center hosts the Nelons and the LeFevre Quartet for An Evening in December on December 12. Tickets range from $10-15 for this festive performance.
- December 13, "Dash through the Springs" at Shocco Springs Annual 5K.
- The Oxford Performing Arts Center presents Mark O'Conner's "Appalachian Christmas" on December 15, beginning at 8 P.M. With a blend of carols, bluegrass and other traditional music, this event proves to be a musical feast.
- Last, but not least, the Oxford Performing Arts Center hosts the Voices of the South for Voices of Christmas, on December 20, beginning at 7:00 P.M.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
"It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year!"
The holidays are just around the corner. Calhoun County has many great holiday events for the whole family.
There is something for the whole family in Calhoun County. It's a natural attraction.