Friday, December 4, 2015

An Interview with Santa!

By: Deanna Jones, JSU Student (2011-2015)

On December 3, 2015, Santa Clause, took some time after the Jacksonville Christmas parade to sit and discuss some of his plans for the Christmas season. We also talked about Mrs. Clause, what he does in his free time, and the best Christmas present he ever gave.

Santa, How are you today? 

I’m doing very well, thank you! Having a jolly time! It’s a bit warmer down here than what I’m used to, but still it’s wonderful!

You sound as if you’re in good spirits. Aren’t you tired lately? 

Tired! Oh no, not tired. The seasons just begun. The elves, reindeer's and I prepare for this time of year months in advance. You would think we’d have it down to a science, but something new and exciting pops up every year. The reindeer’s are in their best form, the elves are coming up with better and more innovative gift ideas, and I’m looking forward to eating all those delicious cookies the good boys and girls have waiting for me. Mrs. Clause isn’t as excited about it, but I always try to soften her up by bringing her a few. She’s usually okay with it then. Ho Ho Ho!

Well, we all know you have a hundred things on your plate, so I’m going to ask you a few questions to help kick the season into full gear. Santa, have anything special planned this year? 

You see, if it was special, shouldn’t it be a surprise. Ho Ho Ho! I can tell you one thing that’s for sure. This Christmas will be filled with lots of fun!

Who’s your favorite reindeer? 

Oh no! I can’t answer that. I love them all dearly. They are wonderful creatures, and I have nothing but love and admiration for them all. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to do my job. They are such magical animals. They sure do eat a lot, but that’s why we get along so well! Ho Ho Ho

Many readers would want to know, what do you do in your free time? 

Well, since I live in the North Pole, every time Mrs. Clause and I get a chance, we like to dress in disguise and go to the beach. Another one of my favorite things to do is read all the lovely Christmas wishes I receive. They are always so heartwarming. I have a notebook where I write all the wishes down so I can remember them around this time of year!

What’s the best Christmas present you have ever given? 

The best present I’ve ever given? Well the best present of all, of course, love! It’s the best present and is often forgotten. So everyone one reading this, go out and give love! Ho Ho Ho!

 Oh Santa, that’s lovely. Thank you for coming out us today.

I think I hear the reindeer’s on the roof! Oh! That means it’s time to go! See you soon!! Ho Ho Ho!!

I would like to thank Santa for taking the time from his busy schedule to talking to with me.  Make sure to check out the Chamber website for other Christmas events going on in the area.

Don't forget to send him your Christmas wishes & enjoy this wonderful season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment